Date(s) - 13/02/2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am
The JLI launched a Religions, Humanitarianism, and Development Research Reading Group in February 2020, welcoming all academics and researchers to speak on relevant topics. The group will meet virtually for one hour on a monthly basis to share their research.
- View the first academic reading group webinar – February 13, 2020
- Dr. Olivia J. Wilkinson discusses her book: “Secular and Religious Dynamics in Humanitarian Response.”
- View the second academic reading group webinar – March 12, 2020
- Professor Emma Tomalin presents on her new publication, “Global aid and faith actors: the case for an actor-orientated approach to the ‘turn to religion’.”
- View the third academic reading group webinar – April 16, 2020
- Participants discuss Research in Religion and Development in light of COVID-19
- View the fourth academic reading group webinar – May 14, 2020
- Philipp Öhlmann presents on the first chapter of his book with Wilhelm Grab and Marie-Luise Frost, “African Initiated Christianity and Sustainable Development”.
- Fifth academic reading group webinar – June 11, 2020
- Andrea Steinke presents on her article, “Faith and Professionalism in Humanitarian Encounters in Post-Earthquake Haiti”
- View the sixth academic reading group webinar – July 9, 2020
- Fabian Winger presents on his article, “More than an intensive care phenomenon”: Religious communities and the WHO Guidelines for Ebola and Covid-19.
- August 13, 2020 at 9 am Eastern Time
- September 10, 2020 at 9 am Eastern Time
- October 8, 2020 at 9 am Eastern Time
- November 12, 2020 at 9 am Eastern Time
- December 10, 2020 at 9 am Eastern Time