Ahimsa – Global Health, Social Entrepreneurship and Faith- inspired Communities
— AhimsaFund (@AhimsaFund) June 28, 2017
Engagement Of Faith-Inspired Communities In Local And National Health System Governance
Objectives of the session
Engage a discussion with and among faith-inspired communities and faith-based organizations on the governance capacities and the changing roles of ministries of health in the 21st Century.
The session will seek to respond to the following questions:
- How do faith-based organizations see the role of the ministry of health in the country: what do they expect from the ministry of health and are these expectations fulfilled? Why?
- How do faith-based organizations position themselves with regard the ministry of health in the country? What are the opportunities for collaboration and dialogue and what are the challenges?
- How can faith-based organizations best play their role in health systems governance? Should they use their position to voice specific concerns? What obstacles do they face in this action?
- Maryam Bigdeli, Health System Adviser at the Department of Health System Governance and Financing at WHO
- Gerard Schmets, Coordinator of the Health Systems Governance, Policies and Aid Effectiveness Unit at WHO